A recent evaluation of my stash indicated that I own more YSL products than any other single brand. It's clear that I love YSL, but even I will admit that the price tag is sometimes a little hard to swallow. But YSL is currently holding their Friends & Family sale, in which orders over $75 get 20% off (plus free shipping). The past few years, YSL has held a F&F sale twice a year--once in June, and again in November. So, if you've been wanting to get your hands on some YSL, now as a great time to do so!
In case you are new to the brand or haven't had a chance to see the products in person, here is what I recommend spending your money on and here is what I recommend skipping!
- Kiss & Blush Color for Lips and Cheeks: If you were going to get only one thing from the YSL sale, this should be it. I recently reviewed two shades here, so I'll keep this brief. They are a convertible product that actually works on both the lips and the cheeks. The formula is amazing, pigmented and blendable. And the shade range is fantastic!
- Crème de Blush: Whether you are a cream blush lover or a skeptic, give these a try! They have a lightweight, mousse texture and blend incredibly easy on the cheeks. It is easy to use them as a natural flush on the cheeks, or to build up color for a bolder look. And they have excellent lasting power. For more thoughts, check out a review I did here.
- Rouge Volupté Shine Lipsticks: These lipsticks are smooth and buttery, but have beautiful pigmentation (they offer much more color than the Volupté Sheer Candy, which I recommend you skip below). YSL offers these in a huge shade range, so you can find exactly what you're looking for whether you want something nude or bold. I reviewed the shade Rose Infinite here.
- Touche Éclat: Despite the Touche Éclat being YSL's best selling product, there are some great drugstore dupes for this product that are a fraction of the price. Two of my favorites are the Milani HD Advanced Concealer and the Maybelline Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer.
- Volupté Sheer Candy Lipsticks: I own several of the Volupté Sheer Candy lipsticks, and I do like them (I reviewed one here). But, they are very sheer--especially for a $34 lipstick. You are really paying for the packaging and the name on these. I'd recommend sticking to one of YSL's other lip product lines, many of which are fantastic!
You can find YSL's Friends & Family Sale on YSLBeautyUS.com. Use the code FAMILY14 to get 20% off of orders of $75+ with complimentary shipping. Sale ends 06/30/14.
Have you ordered from the sale yet? What will you be picking up? I'm going to order another Kiss & Blush, a Crème de Blush, and possibly another Couture Palette for Eyes.