Unlike the rest of the Birchbox community, I wasn't offered the choice of which box to receive this month (there was a tie in with Teen Vogue that most subscribers were able to opt to receive) so I just got the normal box. Inside were the following products:
- Harvey Prince eau de toilette in Yogini
- Stila Smokey Eyeshadow sample card (with the shades Kitten, Diamond Lil, and Ebony)
- Color Club nail polish in Age of Aquarius
- Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser
- Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
- Tea Forté Skin Smart Teas (in Cherry Marzipan, Honey Yuzu, and Cucumber Mint)
|Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder|
I'm also hoping that the Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser might work out with my skin, which has been c.r.a.z.y. lately. I've got more blemishes right now than I've had in years, I've got a couple spots of cystic acne on my chin (hormones? stress? both?), and my skin is drier and flakier than ever! And I do mean ever--my skin is always oily no matter what, and hardly ever flakes. But right now my nose, chin, and cheeks are all flake-city. Going to re-examine my diet and stress levels to see what I can do, and might try something different with my skincare regime!
So, overall, I am sticking with my Birchbox subscription but I'm hoping that next month has some more exciting products. And I also hope that next month is slightly less stressful so I have more time to test run my products!